About Phillip Ghaderi
I am the father of two young children and the husband to an incredible wife. My family is very important to me, so I understand how important it can be to develop a plan to protect and provide for one’s family.
I am an East Bay native, born and raised. I grew up in Castro Valley and graduated from Castro Valley High School before attending Cal. State Hayward (now Cal. State East Bay) for my undergraduate education.
- B.A. in Political Science with a minor in Criminal Justice, California State University East Bay – 2001
- Juris Doctor, California Western School of Law – 2009
- United States District Court, Eastern District – 2011
- United States District Court, Northern District – 2009
- State Bar of California -2009
Awards & Recognitions
- Wiley E. Manual Certificate for Pro Bono Legal Services -2013
- Certificate of Special Congressional Recognition from U.S. Representative Barbara Lee -2013
- American Bankruptcy Institute Medal of Excellence -2009
- ALI-ABA Scholarship & Leadership Award
Legally Relevant Experience
- I have helped hundreds of families prepare customized estate plans that meet their specific needs and goals.
- I have litigated matters in various courts throughout the Bay Area in both federal and state court, including Alameda County Superior Court, Contra Costa County Superior Court, San Mateo County Superior Court, and Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of California.
- I have given presentations to various professional groups on various topics related to estate planning, including a presentation with current Alameda County Tax Assessor, Ron Thomson.
- While in law school, I received numerous awards, including academic achievement awards in Trusts & Estates and Contracts as well as the American Bankruptcy Institute’s Medal of Excellence. I also served as an editor of the law review and as a tutor for a first year Criminal Law course.
- Prior to law school, I worked for the law firm of Jackson & Wallace, LLP as a senior paralegal overseeing a team of paralegals that was responsible for managing discovery on over 500 active litigation matters, mostly representing insurance companies and self-insured defendants.